Hi! I know, I suck– but just a bit. As you might or might not know I am reading Jim Butcher’s The Dresden Files as a challenge/dare/bet [you pick] which is the reason as to why I have not been posting regular reviews. I have until June 11th to finish the series, so far: 5 books to go, and 6 days left– I CAN DO IT! =) When did I start? I started Storm Front on May 26th. Let me just say that these books are amazing; they are a mix of J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter and Anton Strout’s Simon Canderous Series… I know that Simon Canderous came a bit after, but I read it first so in MY head Simon has seniority- Mind you, it does not take anything away from Mr. Dresden’s awesomeness! *grin.*
I just finished Dead Beat (Book #7) and “Hell’s Bells!!!”… Butcher sure knows how to keep the reader’s interest on edge. I am supposed to go now and start Grave Peril, but I think I will leave that for tomorrow. I will not lie, reading one whole series in a row is a bit overwhelming; but do not get me wrong, I am enjoying these books way more than I expected– and trust me, I had huge expectations. Now I understand why everyone is so in thrall with Mr. Harry Dresden.
I shall not blurb too much about the books now– that shall come as soon as I finish all twelve books. Though I must say, Harry Dresden is sure on of my fave male characters ever. I love how developed the character is; how we can see how strong he is and yet how vulnerable at the same time. I just love it!
Right after, expect my blurbs on:
- Spirit Bound by Richelle Mead
- Num8ers by Rachel Ward
- Unholy Ghosts by Stacia Kane
- Perchance to Dream by Lisa Mantchev
Also, I should thank some friendies for supporting me on this Dresden Challenge– though not some people around me that keep interrupting me when I read *glares.*
And talking about booksies, here are more I have gotten lately [I think I will resume these posts to once a month, at the end of the month.]
- Dead Beat (The Dresden Files, #7) by Jim Butcher
- Proven Guilty (The Dresden Files, #8) by Jim Butcher
- Small Favors (The Dresden Files, #10) by Jim Butcher
- Unholy Ghosts (Chess Putnam, #1) by Stacia Kane
- Perchance to Dream (Théâtre Illuminata, #2) by Lisa Mantchev
- Generation Dead by Daniel Waters
- Witch Craft (Nocturne City, #4) by Caitlin Kittredge
- Accidentally Demonic (Accidental Series, #4) by Dakota Cassidy
- Brains: A Zombie Memoir by Robin Becker
- Feed by Mira Grant
- Angels’ Blood by Nalini Singh
- Turn Coat (The Dresden Files, #11) by Jim Butcher
I am a bit disappointed at the bookstores though– I have been to two of them and neither had Jim Butcher’s Changes… I hope I can get it before Friday the 11th.
Well, I shall leave now- movie is waiting =) [How to Train Your Dragon] I promise that as soon as I am done with this challenge I will try to update reviews.
Now tell me: Any book recommendation? Have you read Jim Butcher’s books? What do you think of them?